Hair & Makeup
Bridal Hair and Makeup
We have lots of experience in wedding hairstyling and makeup and we can take the pressure off you to organise this part of your wedding day. The Fine to Fabulous Salon, based in Richardson Road, Hove, has its own private wedding hair and makeup room with a comfy sofa for mum or bridesmaids to join you. We can discuss in detail exactly what you are looking for or alternatively if you haven’t decided, we can help you narrow your choices to acheive the best bridal look you want.
Ingrid has completed advanced bridal hair courses and together with the rest of the team we have over 10 years experience with wedding and bridal hair. With a keen eye for detail and together with vision, experience and flair, we can design the perfect hairstyle that suits and compliments the bride.
Our Recommendations & How it Works:
- A wedding hair trial is strongly recommended before the big day, anytime before the wedding or soon after your enquiry in order to secure your hair and makeup booking on your wedding day.
- During the trial we can experiment with some ideas and accessories to achieve the final look.
- You can opt for hair up, half up or half down or all down.
- You may want to add hair extensions or use clip-in hair extensions to give more volume or length to some styles. These can be purchased through us. We have a large selection of hair samples to match the extensions to your hair colour.
- Use hair accessories, like real flowers from your bouquet, tiaras, or pearl hairpins can complete the look.
- Please allow between 1 to 2 hours for the hair trial.
Vintage Wedding Hair & Airbrush Makeup
Vintage is the new buzz word in Weddings and we too, can re-create hair and makeup to fit in with your wedding theme. Should it be Veronica Lake waves, Rockabilly quiffs or stunning Victory Rolls that what you want to include on your special day, we have heaps of experience to style you in theme you are looking for. We also offer Vintage Inspired Makeover Hen Parties too.
Wedding Airbrush Makeup
Complete the look with flawless, weightless airbrush makeup or you can have the traditional style of makeup. We can match your makeup to your skin tone and create a lasting finish. Within our team, Ingrid & Martha are highly trained in traditional makeup using MAC and Bobbi Brown foundations. We also have the Arbonne range for an organic, hyposensitive option. The airbrush option is an alternative for lighter appearance of foundation on the skin or if you need extra coverage 2 layers can be applied. Ingrid has completed courses for makeup for all occasions, airbrush makeup techniques and certificated extensive training with Dinair Airbrush Makeup. Martha is also trained in airbrush makeup.
What is Dinair Airbrush Makeup?
It is the latest innovative way to apply your foundation via an mini airgun which glides the foundation onto your skin in a fine mist and dries on contact to give a youthful, natural, fresh look to your skin. This will create the perfect base for the rest of the makeup to make it last all day and through to the early hours. Brides, their mother and bridesmaids can complete the look with flawless, weightless airbrush makeup.
The foundation formula is water resistant, silicone free, paraben free and is not tested on animals. Unlike traditional makeup that is applied with a brush or sponge, airbrush makeup foundation is sprayed in a super-fine mist onto the skin, so its “sits evenly” and gives the coverage that you need. The result is a flawless, lightweight and natural base that will last all day. It will cover red spots, brown spots, blemishes as well as dark circles under your eyes. It minimises skin imperfections whilst giving skin a beautiful natural looking result. Foundation colours can be mixed to provide the perfect match for your skin. It takes 5 minutes for the foundation stage to be complete, allowing the rest of the makeup to be applied with brushes or airbrush.
Booking a Trial Session
If you are booking just makeup or together with wedding hair. A trial is extremely advisable and can be booked with the hair to see the complete look. If you can’t decide between traditional and airbrush, we can do 1 side of your face in both to compare. You can come along with your makeup on, which is ideal, so we can see how much makeup you usually wear. We have facial wipes in the salon. Please allow 1-2 hours (makeup only) 3-4 hours (hair and makeup). False Cluster lashes (not strip lashes) can be added to make your eyelashes appear fuller and natural.
Ingrid did a fabulous job for me on my hen do and then on the big day, which were quite different 1920s to slick back buns. The hairstyles lasted through the day and night. The best thing was that she was just so lovely and making us all feel totally comfortable and made sure that we were 100% happy with our hair. A massive thanks!
Ingrid is just amazing! I met her before my wedding and she was just so lovely and wonderful I booked her for the day! She did such a wonderful job for myself and my bridesmaids I now want her as my hairdresser!! Amazing job and highly recommend x x
I found Ingrid online after seeing numerous hairdressers that either wouldn't work on my wedding day (a bank holiday) or couldn't get the style that I wanted right. She came to my house for a trial and immediately put me at ease with her friendly attitude. Luckily she was excellent at styling too and got my hair perfect first time! She understood exactly what I wanted. She replicated the trial exactly, if not better, on the wedding day and did the bridesmaids' hair as well. We all enjoyed having Ingrid around on the wedding morning and were beyond happy with our hair. She even helped my mum pin her fascinator in! A fantastic, talented hairdresser and a lovely person. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her to anyone.
Hello Ingrid, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, we are only just back from honeymoon and it was my first day back in the office today. I loved my wedding hair and I know my bridesmaids loved there's too. I thought both you and Amy were brilliant. Very professional, on time, organsied, quick with each girl and you definitely took any stress away that could have been there baring in mind how many girls hair you had to do. When I get the professional photos back, I'll send some onto you :o) Thanks again. You really were fantastic. Claire Spall x
Silver Package£125Bride to be Hair Package
- Trial Hair
- Wedding Day Hair
White Gold Package£160Bride to be Makeup Package
- Trial Airbrush Makeup
- Wedding Day Airbrush Makeup
- Lashes included
Platinum Package£285BRIDE TO BE TOP PACKAGE
- Trial Hair & Airbrush Makeup
- Wedding Day Hair & Airbrush Makeup
|Wedding Party Prices|
|Bride to be Hair, Trial and Wedding day||£125.00|
|Bride to be Airbrush Makeup, Trial and Wedding day||£160.00|
|Bride to be Traditional Makeup, Trial, and Wedding day||£150.00|
|Bride to be Hair, Airbrush Makeup Trial and Wedding day||£285.00|
|Bride to be Hair, Traditional Makeup, Trial and Wedding day||£275.00|
|Bridesmaids Wedding Hair||£35.00|
|Bridesmaids Airbrush Makeup||£45.00|
|Bridesmaids Traditional Makeup||£40.00|
|Mother of Bride / Groom Wedding Hair, short||£25.00|
|Mother of Bride / Groom Wedding Hair, long||£35.00|
|Mother of Bride / Groom Airbrush Makeup||£45.00|
|Mother of Bride / Groom Traditional Makeup||£40.00|
|Lashes, Strip or Cluster||£10.00|
|Flower Girl Hair – 11-16yrs||£25.00|
|Flower Girl Hair – upto 10yrs||£10.00|
Trial is held at the salon and on the wedding day we can travel to you at a supplement – please enquire within 01273 748999 – email@example.com
Terms & Conditions
- The package prices includes a trial along with the wedding day booking. We allow upto 4 hours for hair and makeup trial, anything longer will be charged at a pro-rata of £10 per half hour. We include 3 hairstyle options, if you choose to have them, 1 x all down, 1 x half up, half down, 1 x all up. After that the hair would be too brushed in all different directions, that its not possible to view other hairstyles properly.
- It is best to look at pictures of hairstyles and makeup online and pick out the ones that you would like to have and forward to us, so we have a good idea of the look you are aiming for.
- If you have more than three people requiring hair and make-up, we will bring another team member.
- The trial is usually held at our bridal room in the salon on Richardson Road, Hove, BN3 5RB. We are happy to travel to your destination on wedding day. We do charge 50p per mile for any return journey from Hove.
- A deposit of 50% of your package chosen will be required to reserve your wedding date or trial date. After your trial, the balance is due 2 weeks before the wedding day. From three calendar months before your wedding the deposit becomes non-refundable. A deposit payment of 50% for bridal party members is required soon after the trial to book any additional stylists in and the balance is due 2 weeks before the wedding day.
- Got any questions or need more details about something? Give me a call on 01273 748999 or 07901 946529, drop me an email, or we can meet up for a 20 minute no-obligation chat in the salon and I’ll be happy to help.